The holidays are here! While it’s a period of fun, festivity, and celebration, it can also be stressful.
Regular exercise is one of the best ways to deal with stress and not let it overwhelm you.
You may not think of the holidays as an ideal time to get started with an exercise routine, but it’s a perfect present to yourself.
How Exercise Reduces Stress:
- Exercise increases the brain’s productions of endorphins. These are the brain’s feel good neurotransmitters. Sometimes they’re called a runner’s high, but you don’t have to be a runner to experience them. Just get moving!
- Exercise helps you forget about what’s bugging you about the day because you’re focused on moving your body and being physically active.
- Regular exercise can increase self-confidence, improve your mood, help you relax, and lower symptoms of mild depression and anxiety.
- Exercise can also improve your sleep, which is often disrupted by stress, depression and anxiety. And, if you can’t sleep, you probably feel more stressed!
Walking, fitness classes, strength training, swimming, and yoga are all forms of exercise you can do at Columbus Community Hospital’s new wellness center.
There’s lots of ways to check us out:
- Come by for a tour. We’re at 107 Shult Drive
- Call us for more information (979-493-7592)
- Check out our group fitness schedule
We look forward to welcoming you!