It’s finally getting colder, and days are getting shorter. That means getting out for a regular walk can be more challenging.
Columbus Community Hospital’s new wellness center has an indoor track so you can keep up with your walking routine. We’re open early (5:30 a.m.) to late (8 p.m.), Monday through Friday, and we’re open on Saturdays, too.
You don’t have to let colder, shorter days hamper your commitment to staying fit.
And, walking is one of the best forms of exercise. Walking just 30 minutes a day at a brisk pace has been shown to:
- Help maintain a healthy weight and lose body fat
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer and type 2 diabetes
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Strengthen bones and muscles
- Improve muscle endurance
- Increase energy levels
- Improve your mood, cognition, memory and sleep
- Improve balance and coordination
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce stress and tension
Come by the wellness center for a tour and check out the track and maybe a class or two!
There’s lots of ways to check us out:
- Come by for a tour. We’re at 107 Shult Drive
- Call us for more information (979-493-7592)
- Check out our group fitness schedule
We look forward to welcoming you!